Most assume at this point that bin Laden’s deputy Ayman al Zawahiri is the top dog in Al Qaeda now, but since AQ was founded, it’s spread around the world, and there’s several people who may end up taking the top spot or at least moving up in the terrorist world. One of them is American AQ convert Adam Gadahn, who among other things, loves some death metal. Because death metal is the universal language.
According to a 2007 New Yorker profile, he was born Adam Pearlman, his dad was a Jew and he was raised Protestant and was home schooled on a farm. He did not have a toilet as a child He picked up an interest in death metal around age 15, became engulfed in the genre, and eventually joined the early 90s tape trading scene.
That’s right, before there were MP3 blogs, people actually mailed each other cassette tapes, and it would take weeks! He formed a one-man metal band he named Aphasia. The New Yorker got their hands on the tape and a message he sent a friend along with it which described the music as “an experimental symphonic ambient electronic industrial noise collage, depending upon the listener’s point of view.” Amazing! I can’t begin to tell you how many bands send us experimental symphonic ambient electronic industrial noise collage nowadays. Clearly, he was ahead of his time.
- jessimessi reblogged this from iheartchaos
- theotherstuffs reblogged this from iheartchaos
- cheeryfantasies likes this
- ntwicr reblogged this from iheartchaos
- wittytaglinehere reblogged this from iheartchaos
- a-beautiful-fight reblogged this from iheartchaos
- a-beautiful-fight likes this
- theperiwinklemassacre reblogged this from iheartchaos
- benigoat reblogged this from iheartchaos
- benigoat likes this
- automaticofantastico reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- gaysexwithonedirection likes this
- Bleoag submitted this to iheartchaos