With Lucasarts firing all of its game development staff, the future of future Star Wars games seemed in jeopardy. There will be a future for Star Wars video games, but unfortunately, it will be with EA. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!
EA’s Frank Gibeau said in a press release that the games will be “entirely original with all new stories and gameplay,” though they “may borrow from films.” He added in a separate blog post that the Frostbite 3 engine, which will power next-generation titles like Battlefield 4, will be behind every new Star Wars game. The deal doesn’t give EA complete control over all Star Wars video game titles: Disney will hold onto the rights to develop and publish titles in the “mobile, social, tablet and online game categories.” It’s not clear if EA will pick up work on any of the titles that LucasArts was working on before it was shut down last month, including Star Wars 1313.
- oceanphantom reblogged this from westonchambers
- readinglist32 likes this
- littleleftofsanity likes this
- freakthink reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- freakthink likes this
- carranco reblogged this from iheartchaos
- phydeux reblogged this from iheartchaos
- thedayeverythingbecamenothing reblogged this from iheartchaos
- jimmyjazzphotog likes this
- westonchambers reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- the-ocean-lumber-jack reblogged this from iheartchaos
- a-powerful-wizard reblogged this from iheartchaos
- oohla-lullaby likes this
- Ted submitted this to iheartchaos