For a while, one could always count on Encyclopedia Dramatica to make sense, to offend and to explain this crazy internet world. Its hallowed halls didn’t give stoic and staid definitions and articles. If you wanted to know what the term “an hero” meant for example, ED would give you the raw, dirty and gritty origins and spin-offs whether you wanted to see it or not. But that’s what it was good for. But as of today, Encyclopedia Dramatica is dead.
As of early this morning, visitors to ED were redirected to a brand new site called Oh Internet, which is an obviously different beast indeed. Instead of the gritty /b/tard style, it’s now completely been sanitized with fire to be a warm and fuzzy repository of internet memes. Oh, dammit.
Site owner Sherrod DeGrippo had this to say about the drastic change:
DeGrippo says that the biggest difference between OhInternet and Dramatica is that the new site has moved towards “a more toned down content style and a streamlined design: Shock for shock’s sake is old at this point and we’re looking forward to the future and how things are evolving … when you put user experience first, the language becomes highly important and that’s what we’ve done.”
RIP Encyclopedia Dramatica.
- jf17m reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- enobyxzedd likes this
- weathermankevin reblogged this from iheartchaos
- weathermankevin likes this
- misskatsuragi reblogged this from iheartchaos
- samhumphries likes this
- simplecreature likes this
- r3mpl1t likes this
- bioheaven likes this
- eirizu reblogged this from iheartchaos
- burninator13 likes this
- sam-shep likes this
- sam-shep reblogged this from xtrmntr
- hughbot likes this
- xtrmntr reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- luna-salem likes this
- pixandwords likes this
- youreveryidol likes this
- EngineerDave submitted this to iheartchaos