Everyone else is using drones, so why not you? Feel like a Nobel Peace Prize winner by patrolling your neighborhood with a quadrocopter drone for the low low price of $60/month!
Japanese security firm Secom is preparing to launch a new service that will let home and small business owners rent a quadcopter drone that the company claims will launch automatically in the event of a burglary, snapping pictures of the invaders and even capturing live video of them as the crime is in progress.
The drones would be just a part of a more traditional line of home security. When a breach is indicated by motion detectors or other more old school security methods, the quadcopter would activate and be dispatched to the scene of the break-in to get a firsthand, eye-in-the-sky look at things.
Secom hopes to launch the rent-a-drone business in Japanese markets beginning in early 2014. While rates of home burglary and violent crime are low in Japan, the company is also touting the drones as a cost-effective way to monitor large areas — like warehouses and industrial parks — without mounting legions of video cameras on every rooftop.
- mattprouty likes this
- saraahlynne reblogged this from iheartchaos
- ellieindisguise likes this
- ohwtfrachel reblogged this from iheartchaos
- hellyeahvan likes this
- immoreballerthanyou reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- immoreballerthanyou likes this
- pegazeuspls reblogged this from iheartchaos
- thealecdelgado likes this
- ghettopurplecupcake reblogged this from iheartchaos
- ghettopurplecupcake likes this
- eternallyblue likes this
- captaindeadman likes this
- secretstosuccess likes this
- pegazeuspls likes this
- norcaligirl likes this
- sevdolo likes this
- nintendontdodrugs reblogged this from iheartchaos
- iheartchaos posted this