Eric Hartsburg of Indiana, was such a believer in Romney that he raised $5000 on ebay to get a gigantic Romney/Ryan logo tattoo on the side of his face. Now that the election is over and Romney is not president, Hartsburg is unsurprisingly disappointed. And we are all disappointed in him. More than the Zune tattoo guy.
“Totally disappointed, man,” Hartsburg told POLITICO. “I’m the guy who has egg all over his face, but instead of egg, it’s a big Romney/Ryan tattoo. It’s there for life.”
Hartsburg’s tattoo covers a 5-by-2 inch space on the side of his face, and he did it after raising $5,000 on eBay for the effort. He didn’t even tell his wife he planned to get the tattoo until about an hour before.
“Right away, she was taken aback,” Hartsburg said, adding that his wife is also a Romney/Ryan supporter.
“My 15-year-old son, however, he was all about it.”
Hartsburg’s takeaway from the election is that “the Republican Party needs quite a bit of reform,” namely in the area of winning over young voters. Hartsburg, 30, lives in Indiana and says he’s gotten plenty of flak from neighbors since Romney went down in defeat.
“I’ve gotten a lot of negative stuff, a lot of ‘F U’s,’” said Hartsburg. “It’s all kinds of ribbage, man. … ‘Your guy lost!’ ‘What are you going to do now?’” Fortunately, he cites his day job as a professional wrestler, so fighting off such opponents is not likely to be difficult.
But no regrets.
“I’m a tattoo guy, and it was something fun,” he said. “I was trying to make politics fun. I didn’t change no lives; I’m no hero. But I shed blood for this campaign, and I’m glad to know that I did all that I could.”
And perhaps there’s a silver lining for Hartsburg.
“I’m hoping this opens some other doors in the entertainment business,” he said.
- thestrongestdrink likes this
- mrl3londe likes this
- iwasslicingupanavocado likes this
- tomtrickster reblogged this from iheartchaos
- invertedimaginings likes this
- yes-i-believe-in-miracles reblogged this from the-tale-of-a-lonely-lad
- hidinginthesleevesofmycoat likes this
- randomthoughtsbymike reblogged this from iheartchaos
- anotherchancetoturnitallaround reblogged this from fuckitbukowskiwasright
- yes-i-believe-in-miracles likes this
- the-tale-of-a-lonely-lad reblogged this from iheartchaos
- tabbran reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- rocksmokerextraordinaire reblogged this from a-little-sock-monkey
- jimmyjazzphotog likes this
- thatsnotlipstick reblogged this from iheartchaos
- start-the-riot likes this
- sextruck reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- makin-doughnuts likes this
- sergiosilva likes this
- puffyzebra reblogged this from iheartchaos
- readinglist32 likes this
- wang-time likes this
- plur-pride likes this
- merpes likes this
- i-dream-of-tahiti likes this
- dictaylorswift reblogged this from iheartchaos
- he-who-laughs-last reblogged this from iheartchaos
- he-who-laughs-last likes this
- c0m1c4l-ch4o5 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- eternalsailorerica reblogged this from a-little-sock-monkey
- lucidparadox likes this
- our-last-goodnight reblogged this from iheartchaos
- omnomnominator likes this
- contemplatingstardust reblogged this from iheartchaos
- a-little-sock-monkey reblogged this from iheartchaos
- fuckitbukowskiwasright reblogged this from iheartchaos
- iheartchaos posted this