With fall upon us, there’s going to be plenty of time for autumn activities, which will include things like pumpkins and beer and eating and more pumpkins and beer. With a little bit of carving, you can combine two of those by making your very own pumpkin keg.
Here’s the steps:
Step 1: First, draw a ring around the top of your pumpkin. This will be your guide to carve the lid. Try to keep this pretty close to the top of the pumpkin so you optimize the hollowed out space that will hold the beer.
Step 2: Once that’s done, carve it! If you’re sans carving kit you can use a serrated knife. Whatever your tool of choice, poke it in at an angle and work your way around the ring.
Step 3: Pop the lid off once you’ve gone all the way around and clean out your pumpkin. Make sure you get all the seeds out and most of the pulp, but don’t worry if some of that’s left behind since it’s responsible for flavoring the beer.
Step 4: Now, find the spot where you want to place your spigot. Using your pencil or marker, trace around the rim once you’ve decided upon the spot. Cutting the hole here will require a pretty fine serrated knife, so the carving kit proves really worthwhile at this point.
Make the hole as clean cut as possible, then pop in your spigot. If your pumpkin is as thick as ours was you’ll have to thin out the pumpkin’s inner wall to fit the spigot properly. Don’t be afraid to dig in – the pumpkin can take it.
Step 5: Once your spigot is secured, you’re ready to go! Pour in your Sam Adam’s Octoberfest (because that IS the official beer of fall as far as we’re concerned) and pop the lid back on your pumpkin.
- wildheartsdangerousminds likes this
- sindurele reblogged this from iheartchaos
- this0nesforyouu likes this
- sizzleanddrizzle likes this
- followthesmokesignals likes this
- polairekillsyou reblogged this from deadbeatrice
- rantsofthewicked reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- meeksmoniker reblogged this from iheartchaos
- madisonfern reblogged this from iheartchaos
- samfetamine likes this
- deadbeatrice reblogged this from elrincondekaisermilan
- elrincondekaisermilan reblogged this from carranco
- carranco reblogged this from iheartchaos
- twentymissedyears likes this
- welcometochiefcountry likes this
- countrygalalways reblogged this from mrsjackdaniels
- godammitkitty reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- godammitkitty likes this
- the-broken-home-still-shines likes this
- heysinned reblogged this from iheartchaos
- wannatakealittleridewithyou reblogged this from mrsjackdaniels
- zomberinacontagion likes this
- jbgillundsworld reblogged this from iheartchaos
- jbgillundsworld likes this
- makeitrainforest reblogged this from iheartchaos
- yeahyeahyeahithappens likes this
- buttnakedd likes this
- iheartpavement reblogged this from tibblevicious and added:
- lost-and-unknown reblogged this from iheartchaos
- erl33 reblogged this from countryboycansurvive94
- erl33 likes this
- xavimodglin reblogged this from iheartchaos
- jazemuffin likes this
- gottafindwrangler reblogged this from countryboycansurvive94 and added:
- madboggers likes this
- lyss-uhh likes this
- famousarchieslap reblogged this from gunslingers-thoughts
- messboy reblogged this from iheartchaos
- alexandra-lauren reblogged this from mrsjackdaniels
- whiskeylullaby2266 reblogged this from mrsjackdaniels
- 7th-generation reblogged this from mrsjackdaniels
- gunslingers-thoughts reblogged this from iheartchaos
- livingthebluedream likes this
- mrsjackdaniels likes this
- mrsjackdaniels reblogged this from countryboycansurvive94
- jethr2011 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- messboy likes this
- countryboycansurvive94 reblogged this from wheelinanddealing
- withloveandsqualorrr likes this