The 1996 Coen brothers drama Fargo will soon be getting a sequel of sorts, in the form of a Fargo TV series. The series will be developed by the Joel and Ethan Coen, so hopefully it will be pretty decent and not just some weird buddy cop comedy with funny northern midwestern accents.
Courtesy of Deadline, the Coen brothers will act as executive producers on the series – to be scripted by Noah Hawley (Bones) – and will only be loosely based on the film. The 1996 dark comedy followed a faux criminal plot gone wrong with Frances McDormand as a jovial, pregnant police chief from Minnesota trying to track down a couple of criminals (Steve Buscemi and Peter Stormare) responsible for the death of a policeman and the (staged) kidnapping of a car salesman’s (William H. Macy) wife.
There are no other details of how it will link to the original film or what kind of set-up we can expect.
- petrovyelyenaandme reblogged this from iheartchaos
- evankaufmann reblogged this from iheartchaos
- coreyfalls likes this
- johnnypsychopath likes this
- notpatastic reblogged this from iheartchaos
- readinglist32 likes this
- vedicardi reblogged this from iheartchaos
- famousbluhoodie likes this
- antikirai likes this
- thehershburglar likes this
- hiphophootenany likes this
- dinfinite likes this
- iheartchaos posted this