Even if some video game movies suck, others can translate pretty well to the big screen. Especially something like Spy Hunter, which is an old school game that doesn’t have a whole lot of plot or character development to get bogged down with. Really fast cars and helicopters and oil slicks. And the man who is going to be bringing it to theaters will be Zombieland director Ruben Fleischer.
Spy Hunter has been sliding around the studio for the better part of the last decade, attracting first John Woo and the Rock (let’s consider that combo a bullet dodged, eh?) in 2004 and, later, Paul W.S. Anderson, but the master of the schlockbuster instead opted to remake Death Race 2000 for Paramount in 2007. Last we’d heard in 2010, there was a Spy Hunter script from Chad St. John, who penned the recently aborted Albert Hughes shoot-‘em-up Motor City, but we’re now told that Fleischer will be seeking new screenwriters to execute his take.
- thatcaranoguy likes this
- hellyeahvan reblogged this from iheartchaos
- colorvomitworld reblogged this from iheartchaos
- a-powerful-wizard reblogged this from iheartchaos
- bytetoxic reblogged this from iheartchaos
- beansidhe reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- coreyfalls likes this
- promethean-paradox reblogged this from iheartchaos
- iheartchaos posted this