Even though last year’s Wonder Woman series turned out to be DOA, they’re going to be trying again. This time, it looks like it might be a Smallville-like series called ‘Amazon’ that would focus more on Diana in her personal life.
Currently titled Amazon, the show would be in the mold of Smallville and focus on the character in her early years, long before she put on power bracelets, crown and red, white and blue tights. No pilot has been ordered so this is in the earliest stages of development but with a new Wonder Woman movie also in the works at Warners, the character certainly has proven resilient.
Vulture broke the news of the proposed show and point out that despite a campy Seventies TV show, Wonder Woman has been met with more rejection in live action than most comic characters. There was Whedon’s movie, which never quite made it beyond the script stage (I bet Warners regrets that now, especially after The Avengers) and David E. Kelley’s show, which made it to pilot but never got selected for air. Not to mention Nicolas Winding Refn has talked about taking a crack at it.
- floacist likes this
- tracij1701 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- colorvomitworld reblogged this from iheartchaos
- love-keeps-her-in-the-air reblogged this from iheartchaos
- theblackjackdarlingvip likes this
- infamousdoughboy likes this
- theilluminatiarchives reblogged this from iheartchaos
- theilluminatiarchives likes this
- dictaylorswift likes this
- livelovegame reblogged this from iheartchaos
- drunkswede reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- drunkswede likes this
- cityblue30 likes this
- iheartchaos posted this