Anonymous hacker group steals a boatload of Romney tax returns, will make them public. Shit just got serious.
The Obama campaign has been badgering Mitt Romney for months to release more than just two years of tax returns, accusing him of hiding something. Romney has dug his heels in, saying that he’s not gonna do it, because he doesn’t have to. But today, it looks like a well-organized Anonymous hacker group has broken into PricewaterhouseCoopers and stolen a shitload of Romney tax returns, which they will make public.
An excerpt from one message states:
“Romney’s 1040 tax returns were taken from the PWC office 8/25/2012 by gaining access to the third floor via a gentleman working on the 3rd floor of the building. Once on the 3rd floor, the team moved down the stairs to the 2nd floor and setup shop in an empty office room. During the night, suite 260 was entered, and all available 1040 tax forms for Romney were copied. A package was sent to the PWC on suite 260 with a flash drive containing a copy of the 1040 files, plus copies were sent to the Democratic office in the county and copies were sent to the GOP office in the county at the beginning of the week also containing flash drives with copies of Romney’s tax returns before 2010. A scanned signature image for Mitt Romney from the 1040 forms were scanned and included with the packages, taken from earlier 1040 tax forms gathered and stored on the flash drives.
The group will release all available files to the public on the 28 of September, 2012.”
A follow up letter was also posted that states:
“All major news media outlets are going to be sent an encrypted copy of the most recent tax years that your company had on file since you did not have them all in a convenient electronic form. The years before 2010 will be of great interest to many. If the parties interested do not want the encrypted key released to the public to unlock these documents on September 28 of this year then payment will be necessary.
The deal is quite simple. Convert $1,000,000 USD to Bitcoins (Google if if you need a lesson on what Bitcoin is) using the various markets available out in the world for buying. Transfer the Bitcoins gathered to the Bitcoin address listed below. It does not matter if small amounts or one large amount is transferred, as long as the final value of the Bitcoins is equal to $1,000,000 USD at the time when it is finished. The keys to unlock the data will be purged and what ever is inside the documents will remain a secret forever.
Failure to do this before September 28, the entire world will be allowed to view the documents with a publicly released key to unlock everything.
Bitcoin Address to Stop Release: [redacted]
And the same time, the other interested parties will be allowed to compete with you. For those that DO want the documents released will have an different address to send to. If $1,000,000 USD is sent to this account below first; then the encryption keys will be made available to the world right away. So this is an equal opportunity for the documents to remain locked away forever or to be exposed before the September 28 deadline.
Who-ever is the winner does not matter to us.”
What’s in here? It may or may not be worth a tremendous amount of money. Keep in mind that Romney has a hell of a lot of money stashed overseas that isn’t taxed. And these appear to be just 1040 forms, which is just basic income, of which Romney has little. Most of his money is made from investments and interest.
Submitted by InfoDesk
- crimsonfairytale reblogged this from solsomnium
- crimsonfairytale likes this
- solsomnium reblogged this from the-strawberry-menace
- tropicanos likes this
- thehippiesarerioting reblogged this from iheartchaos
- souportiffany likes this
- lucaslorelei likes this
- meeksmoniker reblogged this from iheartchaos
- danapolis reblogged this from sillysilentbob and added:
- backwoodsbabybat reblogged this from hopeymonsters
- theyoungenigma reblogged this from bonerack and added:
- 00187 likes this
- perfec-terror likes this
- strippr likes this
- bonerack reblogged this from sillysilentbob
- secretstaache reblogged this from iheartchaos
- italicizedkurt likes this
- sillysilentbob reblogged this from a-little-sock-monkey
- a-little-sock-monkey reblogged this from iheartchaos
- sunnydayx3 likes this
- homeownerassociation reblogged this from falsedreamsandbrokenhopes
- mollyfamous reblogged this from neurogenesis
- thehippiesarerioting likes this
- prettysoulgem reblogged this from chekhovsspookerang
- catsnatch likes this
- smilefortyeight likes this
- heather-noelle88 likes this
- heather-noelle88 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- peacesignsandbrassknuckles likes this
- evbelluche reblogged this from schakall and added:
- artymine reblogged this from candyshopdreams and added:
- the-glass-owl-construct likes this
- irememberhypnagogia likes this
- operaisdead reblogged this from boogery
- cheyloaf likes this
- cheyloaf reblogged this from candyshopdreams
- robochrish likes this
- golden-trash likes this
- candyshopdreams likes this
- boogery reblogged this from ashleyokay
- queerest-tier reblogged this from iheartchaos
- queerest-tier likes this
- heyguysiwrotesomething reblogged this from sherrinfordsacker
- heyguysiwrotesomething likes this
- mitchfindergeneral likes this
- apropergentleman likes this
- chef-doctor-blah likes this
- the-strawberry-menace reblogged this from schakall
- the-strawberry-menace likes this
- paint-stained-jeans likes this