With Marvel’s ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ getting a film adaptation, it looks likely that director James Gunn (director of Super) might get the job. Apparently, it’s his ability to do both action and lighthearted comedy that appeals to Marvel, and with Guardians of the Galaxy, it’s got to be both awesome and a bit goofy.
Heat Vision, who broke the story, claim that Marvel is attracted to Gunn’s sensibility and his ability to mix comedy elements with action and horror. The Guardians comic books have always balanced both comedy and more serious sci-fi/dramatic components. Gunn’s production style have always leaned more towards low-budget/sometimes-guerrilla filmmaking, making him an odd choice for a big budget science fiction epic — although the heavier visual story moments in Slither impressed those who saw the film.
The movie will reportedly follow a “U.S. pilot who ends up in space in the middle of a universal conflict and goes on the run with futuristic ex-cons who have something everyone wants.” As Russ noted, it seems likely that the astronaut in question is Peter Quill, aka the character Star-Lord pictured in the Guardians concept art released at Comic Con. (He’s the one in the middle, described recently as “a gun-toting half-human/half-alien inter-galactic vigilante.”) And is the “something everyone wants” is probably the Infinity Guantlet, or the gems that go on the gauntlet.
- therealpatricklopez reblogged this from iheartchaos
- queenduff reblogged this from iheartchaos
- queenduff likes this
- freakthink likes this
- sarahsprontos reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- sarahsprontos likes this
- smokeykokie likes this
- itsdaddyshithead reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- falsedreamsandbrokenhopes reblogged this from iheartchaos
- thatshobgoblin likes this
- disgruntledmonkey reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- disgruntledmonkey likes this
- df-rico likes this
- wearelegion reblogged this from iheartchaos
- dictaylorswift reblogged this from iheartchaos
- iheartchaos posted this