The US just landed a highly sophisticated rover on Mars, SpaceX docked a private spacecraft to the ISS and now SpaceX/Tesla/PayPal founder Elon Musk seems determined that we can put humans on Mars in 12 to 15 years. Minus travel time of course. 15 years? Seems a little optimistic, but maybe.
In his vision of colonizing Mars, musk isn’t looking to send highly trained astronauts to perform science and return to Earth. He’s looking to send people like you and me, at a price a corporation could subsidize.
Speaking on ABC’s “Nightline,” Musk said:
“I’m confident at this point that it can be done. I think we’ll be able to send, probably, the first people to Mars in roughly 12 to 15 years. That’s my estimate… We know it’s possible to get there. You would be moving to Mars, so a round trip ticket, it has to be no more than half a million dollars, so roughly, a middle-class house in California, and at this point, I would say, I know it’s possible.”
- occupymars reblogged this from iheartchaos
- sextruck likes this
- malleablemindset reblogged this from iheartchaos
- nundakinz reblogged this from iheartchaos
- d34d1n51d3 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- jack-west reblogged this from iheartchaos
- slightlyundead reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- iheartchaos posted this