After getting dominated by two weaponized trojan virus attacks against its nuclear facilities, Iran has announced that it’s going ahead full steam with a plan to cut itself off from the outside internet completely in favor of its own national intranet system. U mad, bro?
“The establishment of the national intelligence network will create a situation where the precious intelligence of the country won’t be accessible to these powers,” Mr Taghipour told a conference on Sunday at Tehran’s Amir Kabir University.
He described the move as the first phase of a project to replace the global internet with a domestic intranet system scheduled to be completed within 18 months. Opponents have previously denounced the plan as a means of stamping out western influence on the internet while further tightening already stringent online surveillance of political activists and regime critics.
While Iranian officials have repeatedly spoken about creating their own alternative to the internet, the latest announcement follows the upheaval wreaked by Stuxnet and Flame, both of which are believed to have been developed jointly by the US and Israel.
- thecoolkidswastaken likes this
- colorvomitworld reblogged this from iheartchaos
- memoryjar likes this
- notpatastic reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- notpatastic likes this
- neverendinggaming reblogged this from iheartchaos
- d34d1n51d3 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- hellyeahvan reblogged this from iheartchaos
- thatcaranoguy likes this
- a-powerful-wizard reblogged this from iheartchaos
- megellen likes this
- whatstheretosmileabout likes this
- iwasslicingupanavocado likes this
- chugbatteryacid likes this
- chugbatteryacid reblogged this from iheartchaos
- unclecasval likes this
- ladyofdecember reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- ladyofdecember likes this
- getkloaked likes this
- thealecdelgado likes this
- wasteawaywithmeeee likes this
- thisgetsthepeoplegoing reblogged this from iheartchaos
- my-hell-comes-from-the-inside likes this
- iheartchaos posted this