Texting and driving can be pretty dangerous, but if you’re going to text while driving, don’t do it while driving at the edge of the cliff, and if your last text before going over is “I need to quit texting”, maybe you should have quit texting a few miles back.
A college student from Texas believes he is lucky to be alive after a terrible crash. He was texting and driving when his truck flew off of a cliff.
Chance Bothe’s truck plunged off of a bridge and into a ravine. One of the last things he typed indicated what almost happened to him.
He wrote, “I need to quit texting, because I could die in a car accident.”
After the crash, Chance had a broken neck, a crushed face, a fractured skull, and traumatic brain injuries. Doctors had to bring him back to life three times . Now, 6 months later, he’s finally able to talk about what happened.
“They just need to understand, don’t do it. Don’t do it. It’s not worth losing your life,” he said. “I went to my grandmother’s funeral not long ago, and I kept thinking, it kept jumping into my head, I’m surprised that’s not me up in that casket. I came very close to that, to being gone forever.”
Chance’s father said, if he had a child just learning to drive, he would disable texting and Internet on their phone.
- lucaslorelei likes this
- fistfulofsanchez likes this
- sun-baked-rattlesnakes reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- grumpimus-prime reblogged this from iheartchaos
- neverendinggaming reblogged this from iheartchaos
- jillion reblogged this from iheartchaos
- followwebofdnw likes this
- wasteawaywithmeeee likes this
- freakthink likes this
- intheflowersss likes this
- ishipitlikeups reblogged this from iheartchaos
- d34d1n51d3 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- andrewstanford reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- ashpocalypse-now reblogged this from iheartchaos
- BigpopaCAD submitted this to iheartchaos