Apparently, a French retailer called Early Flicker has put in trademark applications for both the Anonymous logo and slogan “We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.” What is Anonymous gonna do about it? Will anyone step forward to challenge the trademark, or is some French company gonna steal Anonymous like Ben Huh stole LOLcats?
In a trademark filing from earlier this year (and spotted by @asher_wolf), a person called Apollinaire Auffret from Early Flicker applied to the Institut National De La Propriété Industrielle (INPI) to protect the logo, which features a headless suited man, standing before a globe and flanked by a wreath. The same company has also applied to protect the accompanying slogan: “Anonymous. We are legion. We do not forgive. We do not forget. Expect us.”
The company has registered the trademark for a range of different product categories, including clothing, handbags and accessories and cooking and cleaning utensils. You can check out some of Early Flicker’s quality range on eBay, which includes audio accessories, t-shirts, iPhone covers and other such tat. The company is already selling Anonymous-branded clothing.
As expected, Anonymous has not taken kindly to this news.
- alludingmisnomer reblogged this from iheartchaos
- cybernaruto likes this
- rynohide likes this
- tohoscope likes this
- illfiguresomethingoutsoon reblogged this from iheartchaos
- freakthink likes this
- lostdoughnut reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- forstgumpshin reblogged this from iheartchaos
- ohgnha reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- thealecdelgado likes this
- thepotatoofrage reblogged this from iheartchaos
- thepotatoofrage likes this
- iheartchaos posted this