What with the Middle East and East Asia stuck in a continual race to build the world’s tallest skyscrapers, France wants to get in on the action with a skyscraper that will not only look nice against the Paris skyline, but appears to be getting ripped apart from a nearby black hole.
The Phare Tower is the work of U.S.-born Thom Mayne and his team at the Morphosis agency, and will stand 971 feet when it’s completed in 2017. That height won’t get it in the world’s top ten, but it will be the tallest building in France if no other designs challenge it between now and when it’s built. Well, that, and if it doesn’t ultimately get sucked into another dimension — its design makes it look like it’s halfway there.
The Phare Tower will dethrone Tour First as La Défense’s tallest building, and join other eye-popping architectural marvels, such as the district’s Grande Arche.
- invisible-explosions likes this
- anoddgeography likes this
- finition likes this
- not-if-but-when reblogged this from iheartchaos
- itllbejustastory likes this
- lifeissocolourful reblogged this from iheartchaos
- ossidi likes this
- musicmeds likes this
- harebrained likes this
- coemgenus reblogged this from iheartchaos
- theonewhocaughtthemall likes this
- robmyself reblogged this from iheartchaos
- dictaylorswift reblogged this from iheartchaos
- iheartchaos posted this