There has absolutely been no shortage of Mario games over the years, but after Super Mario Bros 3 in 1988, Nintendo left the chronological numbered naming convention for things like Super Mario 64, Paper Mario, Mario Galaxy and New Super Mario Bros. But with Nintendo registering a domain name for Super Mario Bros 4, does it mean they’re preparing a direct side-scrolling sequel?
The publisher isn’t attempting to hide this registry. A quick search shows that Nintendo of America controls the domain, and typing in the address will actually redirect to Nintendo’s website. It’s important to keep in mind that the registry doesn’t directly indicate the presence of a product - companies tie up URLs all the time - but it could mean something.
Of course, while our immediate suspicions point towards this being the 2D 3DS game, it could be something else entirely - a Wii U launch title, perhaps?
- freakthink likes this
- jessicam reblogged this from iheartchaos
- jessicam likes this
- adistinguishedvillain likes this
- partofanunbalancedbreakfast reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- a-powerful-wizard reblogged this from iheartchaos
- notmeaningless reblogged this from iheartchaos
- notmeaningless likes this
- f1ypaper likes this
- iheartchaos posted this