Japanese guy claims to be the fastest person on four legs
For nearly a decade Kenichi has been perfecting a running style based on Africa’s wiry Patas monkey, and that’s helped the 29-year-old get into the record books for the fastest time running 100 metres on all fours.
“You know my face and body kind of looks like a monkey, so from a young age everyone used to tease me, saying ‘monkey, monkey’. But I wasn’t really bothered because I really liked them, and somewhere inside of me I had this ambition to adopt one of their traits,”Ito said, squatting on all fours in his Tokyo apartment.
For eight-and-a-half years Ito has walked around the local area on hands and feet, and turned household chores into challenges on all fours. But his passion for simians was not without setbacks.
“In the streets around here I get stopped by the police, so I went up into the mountains for about a month for a kind of four-legged running training camp. But on the first day, a hunter mistook me for a wild boar, and he tried to shoot me,” Ito told Reuters.
- squishyynoize reblogged this from iheartchaos
- massacreoftheworld reblogged this from artlifemods
- artlifemods reblogged this from burlyburr and added:
- artlifemods likes this
- o84681 likes this
- biancamari likes this
- modernasianstyle reblogged this from iheartchaos
- orchidalbatross likes this
- freakthink likes this
- burlyburr likes this
- scary69 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- necropansy likes this
- madisonfern reblogged this from iheartchaos
- actofrandomkindness likes this
- farfromthetrees reblogged this from iheartchaos
- delightedppl reblogged this from iheartchaos
- stardustcrusade reblogged this from iheartchaos
- tryhardpants reblogged this from iheartchaos
- tryhardpants likes this
- little-song likes this
- iheartchaos posted this