When you’ve got a large herd of cows that died frozen into place, how do you get rid of them? Explosives usually do the trick. After trying other options, the US Forest Service is now planning on possibly using explosives to move a bunch of frozen cows that died after getting stuck inside a cabin at 3,350 metres in Colorado’s Rocky Mountains.
The Aspen Daily News reports agency officials are worried about the high fire danger and are looking at other solutions when they meet on Tuesday such as using helicopters or trucks.
The carcasses were discovered by two Air Force Academy cadets when they snow-shoed up to the cabin in late March. Officials believe the animals sought shelter during a snowstorm and got stuck.
The cabin is located near the Conundrum Hot Springs, a hiking area near Aspen in the Maroon Bells-Snowmass Wilderness area.
- nefariousnick reblogged this from princeofclockwork
- confused-deer reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- chaos-industries likes this
- flutefirepiccolowatson likes this
- steelisonmyside likes this
- freakthink likes this
- princeofclockwork reblogged this from radochka
- radochka reblogged this from iheartchaos
- meganndawnn likes this
- werewolf1992 likes this
- werewolf1992 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- engineering-potato reblogged this from iheartchaos
- vikingbitch reblogged this from iheartchaos
- All Cing Eye submitted this to iheartchaos