In the case of a video game inspired movie, producers generally only want to see nothing higher than a PG-13 rating so they can appeal to the widest audience possible, but in the case of Bioshock, it could really benefit from an R. And because of these kinds of decisions, the Bioshock movie is in limbo again after losing its second director, Juan Carlos Fresnadillo.
28 Weeks Later director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo, who came onboard in 2010 to replace the departed Gore Verbinski, has now in turn walked away from the project.
“To be honest, by now, I’m completely out of that, and developing other stuff,” Fresnadillo told IndieWire. “Right now it’s on hold. The studio and the videogame company, they have to reach some kind of agreement about the budget and the rating.”
So right now, the movie is in exactly the same spot it was in 2008. Eventually, someone’s just going to say “Fuck it” and give the movie to Uwe Boll.
- immerseme likes this
- gmorel1916 reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- bottles-of-guilt reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- reikodate likes this
- dragon-storm likes this
- konbinisushi likes this
- dionysus-park likes this
- freakthink likes this
- twiii reblogged this from iheartchaos
- little-song likes this
- animagus-anonymous likes this
- ossidi reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- crystalineteen likes this
- crystalineteen reblogged this from iheartchaos
- sludgebloodsurging likes this
- arkimpinesoradamk submitted this to iheartchaos