Modern cars have plenty of airbags to protect people on the inside of the car, but Volvo will be introducing the world’s first external airbag to protect pedestrians who step out in front of a Volvo that’s being driven by someone who is texting and drinking their venti triple latte and not paying any attention to the road.
The external airbag will first be on the Volvo new V40 wagon, which will debut at the Geneva Motor Show.
The 5-door features – as one might expect of Volvo – a wide range of advanced safety technology, and along with the new airbag system the V40 has Volvo’s Pedestrian Detection technology designed to prevent a collision in the first place.
- f1ypaper reblogged this from iheartchaos
- thecoolkidswastaken likes this
- wildheartsdangerousminds likes this
- demo-abi likes this
- goldfishchaser likes this
- deezuknow reblogged this from iheartchaos
- deezuknow likes this
- coemgenus likes this
- rcginger reblogged this from iheartchaos
- outflame likes this
- princesshoff likes this
- dictaylorswift reblogged this from iheartchaos
- iheartchaos posted this