Since the beginning of time, people have tried nearly every method to try and get someone else to shut up. Looking at your watch, leaning towards the door, looking bored and disinterested… sometimes these things don’t work. So some clever Japanese scientists invented a speech jamming microphone that gets anyone to STFU. Magic.
How does it work? Through a trick of psychology. Anyone, no matter how fast they’re talking or what they’re talking about completely loses all concentration when their words are repeated back to them a split second after they come out of their mouth. It completely confuses the brain and the senses. So this speech jamming microphone picks up what someone is saying and spits it back a split second after they’ve said it, causing a brief moment of utter confusion to the speaker, forcing them to shut up.
In tests, the researchers said the device works well at a distance, rendering the person at the receiving end without causing any physical discomfort (nevermind the mental discomfort caused by suddenly being rendered mute). The only limitation is that it only works with words; meaningless syllables like those often expressed by pirates or onomatopoeia don’t necessarily work.
The researchers see it as a tool to maintain order in meetings or discussion groups where someone is trying to dominate the conversation. But the commercial applications are virtually endless, as there are obvious applications for anyone who ever plans to get into a relationship with another human being ever.
- chcasida reblogged this from iheartchaos
- dovahqeen likes this
- rublz reblogged this from iheartchaos
- rublz likes this
- xx8letters3wordsxx likes this
- freakthink likes this
- ponderinganon reblogged this from iheartchaos
- theodorepython reblogged this from iheartchaos
- daniellego likes this
- okorogariist likes this
- peribarythron reblogged this from iheartchaos
- zenandartof-tum-blrmaint likes this
- omnomnominator likes this
- adistinguishedvillain reblogged this from iheartchaos
- adistinguishedvillain likes this
- swichpaw reblogged this from iheartchaos
- invisible-explosions likes this
- carolinemartin likes this
- bestworstfriend reblogged this from iheartchaos
- foreverawanderingsoul reblogged this from dictaylorswift and added:
- ifidontdielaughingfirst reblogged this from dictaylorswift
- harmlessheart reblogged this from dictaylorswift
- harmlessheart likes this
- mammoth-you likes this
- dictaylorswift reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- truise likes this
- iheartchaos posted this