Pfizer recalls 1 million birth control pills. Let’s welcome the “Oops, Someone Fucked Up” generation
Pfizer announced today that it was recalling 1 million batches of birth control pills after they found out that quite a few were sent out with the pills out of order, meaning a woman taking birth control could accidentally take them out of order, dramatically increasing her chances of getting preggers.
Pfizer has recalled about 1 million packets of Lo/Ovral-28 and its generic equivalent, but the company estimates that only about 30 packets were flawed. The pills were made and shipped last year.
Each packet contains 28 days’ worth of the prescription, with 21 pills containing the active ingredient that prevents pregnancy and seven placebo pills. The pills are normally color-coded to note the difference.
Women are supposed to take the pills in order and not mix the placebos with the active pills. Doctors say taking three placebos or more in a row negates the pregnancy protection.
“Women who are potentially on this particular product need to be aware of (the recall) and take this quite seriously,” said Dr. Steven R. Goldstein, a New York University professor of obstetrics and gynecology.
- inloveewetrustlies reblogged this from iheartchaos
- zenandartof-tum-blrmaint reblogged this from iheartchaos
- once-upon-a-stfu likes this
- gingersaredabomb reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- c0m1c4l-ch4o5 reblogged this from iheartchaos
- dingobites reblogged this from iheartchaos
- dingobites likes this
- unbillyvable likes this
- thepillsdontwork likes this
- aggressiveretreat reblogged this from iheartchaos
- theblacktunskamurder reblogged this from iheartchaos
- cee7ow likes this
- audunthecyborg likes this
- zant likes this
- iheartchaos posted this