Back in 1980, there weren’t hundreds of high dollar, well-publicized media circus nerd cons like there are today. Back in 1980s, if you a) found out about a convention b) showed up and c) showed up dressed in a handmade costume, you were the hard of the hardcore nerd.
This is a photo set taken by Dik Daniels in 1980 at Westercon (short for West Coast Sci-Fi Fantasy Conference) in San Jose, one of the oldest sci-fi conventions in America, having started in 1948.
- mugglerags likes this
- bowie-warhol likes this
- saame-blood reblogged this from iheartchaos
- dontstaylong likes this
- adistinguishedvillain likes this
- c4t-buttz reblogged this from iheartchaos
- granddevilroadkamira reblogged this from iheartchaos
- goldfishchaser likes this
- lostdoughnut likes this
- bilbobobbins reblogged this from iheartchaos
- bilbobobbins likes this
- sweetspot1744 likes this
- iheartchaos posted this