If for some reason, you were planning on seeing the latest Twilight film in theaters, you might want to skip it if you’re prone to seizures. According to some moviegoers, the scene in which Bella pops Edward’s sparkly vampire baby out is causing seizures in some people.
Bella (Kristen Stewart) is pregnant with a human/vampire hybrid that is demanding so much nourishment Bella has had to resort to drinking human blood to stay alive during the pregnancy. Labor doesn’t begin in the normal manner; rather the baby essentially starts to break its way out of Bella. Edward (Robert Pattinson) has to chew the baby out of Bella, and the entire sequence is shot and edited to enhance the horror of the moment, complete with strobing lighting and cutting that enhances that effect.
Several instances of people saying they have developed seizures during the tense birthing scene in “Breaking Dawn: Part One” have been reported. The in-theater seizures, also known as photosensitive epilepsy, are thought to be a result of the bright flashing of red, black and white during the film’s nerve-wracking scene.
While watching the film half of one couple began “convulsing, snorting, [and] trying to breathe,” according to the man’s companion. He woke up on the floor of the theater and was removed by paramedics.
Now normally, a birth scene that involves a baby vampire busting out of its mom, where the vampire dad has to eat through the mother to get the baby out would be fucking awesome… if it weren’t Twilight.
- mervele likes this
- clonekuh reblogged this from iheartchaos
- gracethebreadwinner reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- hello-ai reblogged this from iheartchaos
- cosmicastrogazer reblogged this from deducecanoe and added:
- ileandeezy likes this
- belgiankid reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- tellthattogod likes this
- deducecanoe reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- reblogbecauseofreasons likes this
- chekhovsboomerang likes this
- ariaeko reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- lostdoughnut reblogged this from iheartchaos
- forgot-to-forget likes this
- lifeissocolourful reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- iheartchaos posted this