Also, David Tennant is not coming back, so get over it.
There’s been rumors of a big budget, big screen Doctor Who movie for several years now, but nothing real and substantial until now. It looks like there is a Doctor Who movie in the works and it’s going to be directed by David Yates, who directed the last four Harry Potter films.
And there are no other details write now other than Yates saying that he definitely wants screenwriters with a “British sensibility”, such as those whom he worked with on Harry Potter and that it could be three years before the movie actually gets made.
Oh, and that he wants to use the film to “reinvent” the series, which has gotten some Who fans pissed off, but any Who fan worth their salt should know that the reason it’s been around for 50 years is that it’s all about reinventing itself.
And two or three years will be just around the time when the current Doctor, Matt Smith starts getting tired of the role and moves on to something else, just in time for a new incarnation, a new Doctor and maybe even a new showrunner.
There have been 2 previous Doctor Who features, Dr. Who and the Daleks (1965), Daleks’ Invasion Earth 2150 AD (1966) as well as an American-made Doctor Who TV movie in 1996, but not a one of them was really worth a damn. Here’s hoping that Yates’ version will be the face-meltingly awesome Who movie that always should have been.
- neurogenesis reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- jlota reblogged this from iheartchaos
- willowfish reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- tellthattogod likes this
- lostdoughnut reblogged this from iheartchaos
- whatshername214 reblogged this from katrastrophe
- katrastrophe reblogged this from iheartchaos
- serina likes this
- cityblue30 reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- badoutlawwolf reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- soleilxace reblogged this from iheartchaos
- chibibuizel likes this
- tumbltron likes this
- iheartchaos posted this