I found this post floating around tumblr. Its a great story and an awesome testiment on the goodwill of some of the better gaming companies around.
This morning, we received an email from a Destructoid fan named Carlo who shared a story about his late friend Michael John Mamaril.
Last month, Michael passed away due to cancer at the young age of 22. Both were huge Borderlands fans, so Carlo thought a great way to honor his buddy’s memory would be to shoot Gearbox Software an email asking for a short eulogy to be read by the game’s smart-mouthed robot mascot Claptrap.
Not only did Gearbox comply with the request, it also promised to insert Michael into the upcoming Borderlands 2 as an NPC.
Previously, Gearbox had helped a guy propose to his girlfriend with the help of Claptrap. What cool guys.
- wynneisms reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- nickthejam likes this
- zomberinacontagion reblogged this from iheartchaos
- zomberinacontagion likes this
- generalskeletor reblogged this from iheartchaos
- o0st0ned0o reblogged this from iheartchaos
- o0st0ned0o likes this
- lufrias reblogged this from iheartchaos
- notpatastic likes this
- greatsexscavenge likes this
- littlesammyjenkins reblogged this from iheartchaos
- joedissolvo submitted this to iheartchaos