Harry, Ron and Hermione… they’re like the Three Musketeers of the Harry Potter series, but author JK Rowling recently revealed that she seriously considered offing Harry’s best friend halfway through the series.
“Funnily enough, I planned from the start that none of them would die. Then midway through, which I think is a reflection of the fact that I wasn’t in a very happy place, I started thinking I might polish one of them off. Out of sheer spite. ‘There, now you definitely can’t have him any more.’ But I think in my absolute heart of heart of hearts, although I did seriously consider killing Ron, [I wouldn’t have done it],” she told the actor Daniel Radcliffe, who plays Harry Potter in the films and who was “convinced one of the main three had to buy it”.
Rowling was being interviewed by Radcliffe for a special feature for the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2 DVD, which has been leaked online ahead of the DVD’s release later this year.
“It’s a real relief to be able to talk about it all,” the author added.
- ilovetvseriesandmovies likes this
- cerebromaldicion reblogged this from iheartchaos
- truise likes this
- brontozaurus reblogged this from iheartchaos
- elbrillantesol likes this
- gracethebreadwinner reblogged this from iheartchaos
- ferum reblogged this from universalidentity
- johnnypsychopath likes this
- jemacru reblogged this from ambydsolis
- ambydsolis reblogged this from iheartchaos
- ambydsolis likes this
- fortheoneswhotryagain reblogged this from iheartchaos
- notestojanuary likes this
- ireptheburgh likes this
- lovingthis likes this
- notagood likes this
- mevance reblogged this from iheartchaos
- universalidentity likes this
- rhythmryder likes this
- zenandartof-tum-blrmaint likes this
- rrowdybeast likes this
- dictaylorswift reblogged this from iheartchaos
- dictaylorswift likes this
- iheartchaos posted this