We’ve been using the wheel just fine for thousands of years and now Japan goes and re-invents the wheel with the Omni Crawler, a wheel/tread thing that can move backwards and forwards as well as sideways with ease.
We can look at the Omni-Ball as an improved version of the swivel caster (the wheels that are usually attached to the bottom of shopping carts and office chairs). Compared to casters, which have multiple parts, the Omni-Ball is much simpler. It’s made up of two matching hemispheres attached to either side of an axle. The hemispheres can move independently or together as a sphere. Attach the Omni-Ball to a vehicle and you get the Omni-Crawler.
- nativechef reblogged this from iheartchaos
- truise likes this
- dictaylorswift likes this
- panzertron likes this
- potsmokingamer reblogged this from iheartchaos and added:
- boundblackscape likes this
- minimummice likes this
- champignoncorp reblogged this from iheartchaos
- champignoncorp likes this
- iheartchaos posted this